Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

A Woolly Weekend

I've just returned from weekend at my parent's in Nailsworth where I've discovered a wonderful wool shop called Bobble.

It's a beautiful shop with shelves and shelves of gorgeous yarn.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that they stocked the wool I wanted for a project I've been mulling over for months now.   I saw this lovely Debbie Bliss fair isle cardigan pattern months ago and it's been playing on my mind ever since.  Considering the fair isle pattern, 14 balls of wool in 8 different colours and the fact that the most complex item I've knitted so far is a hat (i.e. nothing too difficult), it's quite an undertaking, but I bit the bullet and bought the wool (lots of wool!).


I'd like to thank the lovely ladies in Bobble for all their help in choosing the right colours.  I was far from an ideal customer; first I left my pattern at home (foolish!) and second the pattern recommended shades that are no longer available but they helped me choose replacements which created a beautiful palette which I'm very excited about knitting with.  I'll be going there again, even if I do live 100 miles away!



I've cast on and so far so good!  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment