Pages

Monday 23 June 2014

Green fingers

Knitting has taken a backseat this weekend as the sun has appeared and I've embarked on a different type of project. Gardening. Or garden making is probably a more accurate description. 

My flat doesn't have a proper garden but there's a sizable patio type thing in the corner of the driveway which is a bit scruffy and the view isn't great (even though I love my car I don't want to sit and stare at it!).  But all this has changed!  I've put up a bamboo screen so the cars and road are less noticeable and invested in patio furniture and some pot plants.  It's great, what was a wasted nasty corner of a drivewsy is now a rather more appealing patio.  Next weekend I'll do some planting in the  boarders/random patches of nasty dry soil and stone.


But I digress, back to knitting.  I've finished a cowl I've been working over the past few weeks, yes I know, another one.  The pattern is Inspira Cowl by Graphica.  I used Lion Brand Amazing wool which transitions through a range of colours as you knit.  The result is very bright but I think it will be fun to wear in the winter when everything needs livening up.





Progress on the fair isle cardigan is slow.  I prepared to make decent progress whilst watching the England game this week but the game was so disappointing I fell asleep.  Not good.  But it's still fun to knit.  I think it will take me at least until Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment