Pages

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Inevitable Update

So after trawling Ravelry and discovering that 50g isn't enough yarn to knit a pair of socks (I'm still learning) I've finally found a pattern that I *hope* will work with my random bargain bin ball of Rowan wool cotton.  It's going to be a little pink hat using a Ravelry pattern found here (thanks Christy for the free Ravelry download).


It's on the needles and 7 rows in all is going well.  I also faced a fear today...commuter knitting.  London's a great place to live but there are certain commuting rules; do not make eye contact, do not talk to strangers, do not make any sudden movements....you get the picture.  Basically, plug in your headphones and don't take your eyes off of your phone/tablet/book.  But today I broke the mould. I knitted and I loved it!  I got a few odd looks but whatever.  Great use of my hour commute.  I'm aware that there are many commute knitters out there and I salut you, forget the quiet carriage, bring on the knitting carriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment